Operate Vertical Personnel Platform
Course Reference Number: TGS-2022013281
Funding Validity Period: 1 May 2022 - 7 Oct 2024
Course Fee: S$250.00 (before GST)
Mode of Training: Classroom & Practical
Mode of assessment: Written Assessment & Practical Assessment
Attendance Requirements: 100%
Assessment Requirements : Theory 80% (30MCQ) Practical 100% competency based
Select an appropriate MEWP, including risk assessment for the task to be carried out
State the safety requirements under the Workplace Safety and Health Act and the Code of Practice for Working Safely At Height related to MEWP Carry out pre-start inspection
State factors affecting stability
Identify common hazards during traveling, setup, operation and parking of MEWP and their control measures
Conduct workplace inspection
State function of all MEWPs controls, including emergency controls and emergency procedures Use personal protective equipment appropriate to the task, worksite and environment as a result of a risk assessment conducted and according to the manufacturer's guidelines. Operate MEWP safely
Who Should Attend?
The “Operate Vertical Personnel Platform” course is suitable for aspiring and experienced individuals assigned as Vertical Personnel Platform Operators in the workplace.
Certification Obtained and Conferred By:
WSQ Statement of Attainment issued by SSG to candidates who met attendance and assessment requirements.
Safety Pass Validity: 5 years
What is MEWP?
MEWP Safety Legislative Requirements
End of MEWP operations
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
The assumed skills and knowledge for this unit are as follows. Learners are assumed to:
- Have basic knowledge of the relevant sector of work;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) level 3;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 3;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 3;
- Be medically fit to work at height
- Learners must be above 18 years of age
- Training Hours – 8Hours
- Assessment Hours – 1Hours 15Mins
Medium Of Instruction
- Skills Development Funding (SDF) is available for Singaporeans and Singapore PR (max funding upto 70%).Terms and Conditions apply.
- Skillsfuture Credit available for Singaporeans. Terms and Conditions apply.