Supervise Safe Lifting Operations
WSQ SUPERVISE SAFE LIFTING OPERATIONS:
Provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to supervise safe lifting operations involving a mobile crane or tower crane or any other crane in the workplace.
Course Reference Number: CRS-Q-0027386-MF
Funding Validity Period: 1 May 2022 - 30 Apr 2024
Course Fee: S$310.00 (before GST)
Mode of Training: Classroom & Practical
Mode of assessment: Written Assessment & Practical Assessment
Supervising Safe Lifting Operations course is aimed at providing participants with the knowledge and skills to supervise safe lifting operations involving a mobile crane or tower crane or any other crane in the workplace.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors who are engaged in lifting operation involving a mobile crane or tower crane in the workplace. This is also a mandatory course in line with Workplace Safety and Health (Operation of Cranes) Regulations.
Certification Obtained and Conferred By:
Statement of Attainment issued by SSG to candidates who met assessment requirements.
Legislation, roles & responsibilities
Planning for safe lifting operations
Pre-lift inspection of crane and lifting accessories
Safe slinging practice
Safe use of mobile cranes
Safe use of tower cranes
Safe use of other lifting machines
Lifting accidents and emergency response
Supervise reinstatement at the end of operation
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
The assumed skills and knowledge for this unit are as follows. Learners are assumed to:
- Have completed WSQ/MOM ATP Rigging and Signalman course
- Have at least 3 months of relevant experience in lifting operations
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) level 4;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 4;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 4;
- Be medically fit
- Learners must be above 21 years of age
- Training Hours – 35.0 hours
- Assessment Hours – 3 hour
Medium Of Instruction
- Skills Development Funding (SDF) is available for Singaporeans and Singapore PR (max funding upto 70%).Terms and Conditions apply.
- Skillsfuture Credit available for Singaporeans. Terms and Conditions apply.