Perform Rigger and Signalman Tasks
Provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to prepare and to tie the load for safe lifting by any form of lifting equipment using correct and clear signals to guide the crane operator in the manoeuvring of a load safely to its destination.
Course Reference Number: CRS-Q-0027383-MF
Funding Validity Period: 1 May 2022 - 30 Apr 2024
Course Fee: S$290.00 (before GST)
Mode of Training: Classroom & Practical
Mode of assessment: Written Assessment & Practical Assessment
Performing Rigger and Signalman Tasks Course is designed to build the knowledge, skills and attitudes of all lifting personnel to increase the standards of operations and increase safety awareness when performing lifting operations as a Rigger and a Signalman.
This course is intended to equip the participants with the understanding of rigging and signaling and the knowledge and skills to manoeuvre a load safely to its destination, in a much safer work environment.
Who Should Attend?
For individuals who are assigned to carry out the lifting operation of load involving a mobile crane or tower crane. This is also a mandatory course in line with Workplace Safety and Health (Operation of Cranes) Regulations.
Certification Obtained and Conferred By:
- Statement of Attainment issued by SSG to candidates who met assessment requirements.
- Safety Pass
- Legislations, roles and responsibilities in a lifting operation
- Toolbox meeting
- Estimating load and centre of gravity
- Pre-lift inspection of crane and lifting gear and accessories
- Selection and use of rigging equipment
- Rigging methods and techniques
- 3-step lifting and lowering method
- Set-up and restore communication equipment
- Ensuring safe lifting operation
- Emergency response procedures
- Standard signaling
- Reinstate rigger and signalman work area
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
The assumed skills and knowledge for this unit are as follows. Learners are assumed to:
- Have basic knowledge of the relevant sector of work;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) level 2;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 2;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 2;
- Be medically fit
- Learners must be above 18 years of age
- Training Hours – 17.5 hours
- Assessment Hours – 2 hour
Medium Of Instruction
- Skills Development Funding (SDF) is available for Singaporeans and Singapore PR (max funding upto 70%).Terms and Conditions apply.
- Skillsfuture Credit available for Singaporeans. Terms and Conditions apply.