Operate Scissor Lift
Course Reference Number: CRS-Q-0027272-MF
- Select an appropriate MEWP, including risk assessment for the task to be carried out
- State the safety requirements under the Workplace Safety and Health Act and the Code of Practice for Working Safely At Height related to MEWP Carry out pre-start inspection
- State factors affecting stability
- Identify common hazards during traveling, setup, operation and parking of MEWP and their control measures
- Conduct workplace inspection
- State function of all MEWPs controls, including emergency controls and emergency procedures Use personal protective equipment appropriate to the task, worksite and environment as a result of a risk assessment conducted and according to the manufacturer's guidelines. Operate MEWP safely
Who Should Attend?
For individuals who are assigned to carry out the lifting operation of load involving a Lifting Machine. This is also a mandatory course under the Workplace Safety and Health (Operation of Cranes) Regulations.
Certification Obtained and Conferred By:
- WSQ Statement of Attainment issued by SSG to candidates who met assessment requirements.
- Safety Pass Validity: 5 years
- What is MEWP?
- Risk Management
- MEWP Safety Legislative Requirements
- Scissor Lift
- Pre-Start Inspections
- Operation Safety
- Emergency Response
- End of MEWP operations
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
The assumed skills and knowledge for this unit are as follows. Learners are assumed to:
- Have basic knowledge of the relevant sector of work;
- Be able to listen and speak English at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills (ES) level 3;
- Be able to read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES level 3;
- Be able to manipulate numbers at a proficiency level equivalent to
- ES level 3;
- Be medically fit to work at height
- Learners must be above 18 years of age
- Training Hours – 9.2 hours
- Assessment Hours – 1 hour
Medium Of Instruction
- Skills Development Funding (SDF) is available for Singaporeans and Singapore PR (max funding upto 70%).Terms and Conditions apply.
- Skillsfuture Credit available for Singaporeans. Terms and Conditions apply.